Location: Community Sucusuma in the Canton Julo municipality of Torotoro, in the Province Charcas, Dept. of Potosí
Local partner: CIPCA (Center for Investigation and Promotion of Farmers) (Centro de Investigación y Promoción del Campesinado) Region of Cochabamba
Justification: AGROCAINE already counts with a micro fruit processing plant (sweets, marmelade and juice) that offers additional value for fruit species that do not achieve a good price on the market, such as guava and lemon; today there is insufficient physical space as well as machine limitations and insufficient industrial safety obstruct work potential and limit quality of life of associated rural families.
- Strengthen technical capacities of fruit processing micro-plant
- Train local work force and maximize production process
- Improve infractructure conditions of micro-plant
- Structure comparison table of price for additional processing equipment, instruments and industrial safety.
- Aquire and transport additional processing equipment and instruments and for industrial safety.
- Install and launch the plant.
- Design and reorganize storage room of raw material and finished products.
- Build storage room.
- Design china cover of current processing micro-plant with Duralit slabs and build cover roof.
- Renovate water storage tank.
- Build perimeter fence with barbed wire.
- Develop training plan to qualify workforce in operation and maintenance of fruit processing micro-plant.
- Design and develop training plan about management and administration of micro-plant for members of the board of directors of AGROCAINE.
Beneficiary population: Direct 70 families (320 persons, half of them are women). Indirect 210 families 1.546 persons) living in the region.
Duration of project: Year 2009